Property Management Company
From Outdated to Modern
Ticomix completely updated client’s customer ERP portal, while maintaining their old platform for functionality.
ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Integrations via API
- The customer portal was integrated with an outdated ERP platform that had reached end-of-life, leaving no capacity for customizations and expansions of features and services.
- The migration to the new ERP system had to be completed gradually, and the existing customer portal couldn’t be updated to communicate with both ERP systems without extending timelines and costs well beyond reasonable limits.
- Because the platform was built on outdated technology, users found the portal difficult to use and its look and feel very unapproachable.
- The new system’s data layer provided a seamless integration between the legacy ERP system and the new ERP during the phase-out process, with new centralized data stores to allow additional data to be captured where necessary.
- The modernized UI provided a simplified UI structure for basic system users, and a robust and clear interface for power users.
- A full administrative portal allows simple views of user profiles and activity to provide the best possible customer service.
- All sensitive data is transmitted securely using latest industry standards.
The client utilized a niche property management ERP platform which was coming to the end of its support life.
The client chose to migrate to a modern ERP platform, but due to the scale of the user base and related data, determined that the property migration would have to occur in a phased approach, requiring both platforms to remain online and functional.
Ticomix was tasked with creating a new customer portal, integrated with both ERP platforms, featuring a modern look and feel.
Key Features & Highlights
- Modernized UI, designed to provide an intuitive experience to single- and multi-role users
- Layered feature design, which allows functions available in either ERP endpoints to be utilized and seamlessly swapped for users requiring connection to both endpoints
- Core functionality translated from existing customer portal wherever possible to allow for rapid development and reduce the need for function redesign
- A seamless, dual-endpoint ERP integration designed with local data storage only where necessary to speed up the functionality of the site
- Secure transmission of transactional data with no local storage to reduce security risk
- Full back-end management portal, including user impersonation and lockout functionality for maintenance time-frames